Here are the top social trends 5Loom is discussing the week of August 27, 2012.
- Exclusive shopping site Rue La La recently launched a partner campaign with top fashion and style bloggers using the hashtage #RLLRoadtoMagic. The campaign sent the bloggers on a fashion road trip from L.A. to Las Vegas, with a bus packed full of high end fashion apparel and assesories.
- Customized blogger campaigns, like this one continue to see amazing results with a high social sharing rate among targeted communities like fashion and style.
- Facebook recently acquired “Klout-Like” social service Threadsy. Since Facebook’s Instagram purchase announcement, they have been quietly buying small social firms to build its portfolio.
- Facebook launched a new version for iPhone and iPad this week, with new features including updated photo navigation.
- With plans to grow their Hiring Solution suite by 1000%, LinkedIn looks to strengthen its pay-to-play offerings.
- Twitter has officially ceased the “Find Friends” ability within Tumblr, cutting off the ability to find Twitter friends while on the blogging site.
- Google + starts to roll out customized URLs to brand partners and platform influencers, this option will slowly start to roll out for other brands.
- A new study by Simply Measured shows that multimedia out performs other content with video being shared 12X more on Facebook than other content.
If you would like to learn more about one of these topics, we’d love to talk to you. Please email us at info@5Loom.com or call at 877-365-6669.