Here are the top social trends 5Loom is discussing the week of September 24, 2012.
- Salesforce.com introduced a new tool, Marketing Cloud, to help businesses monitor conversations on Facebook and Twitter as well as manage social content and analytics.
- 5Loom thinks that Salesforce.com’s entry into social media is an indicator that more SMMS platforms will begin integrating monitoring and listening tools into their existing management platforms, as well as social ad management.
- Businesses using Facebook Offers will have to start paying soon to run targeted ads. However, Facebook is letting businesses add unique codes to their ads for better tracking.
- A new study by market research company Lab42 found that 50 percent of consumers value a brand’s Facebook page more than its website.
- LinkedIn introduced a new feature that lets LinkedIn members endorse each others’ skills and expertise.
- Brands’ Career pages have to be upgraded to the new layout by Oct. 31. Here’s LinkedIn’s migration guide to get you started.
- Brands unrelated to the fashion or beauty industries have honed in on Pinterest as a way to engage with their audiences in new ways. These include Coca-Cola, Honda, and even pharmaceutical companies, such as Novo Nordisk and Bayer.
- 5Loom believes that the pharmaceutical industry can really leverage Pinterest to share unbranded health and wellness content through knowledge boards.
If you would like to learn more about one of these topics, we’d love to talk to you. Please email us at info@5Loom.com or call at 877-365-6669.